The California Inclusion and Behavior Consultation (CIBC) Network offers on-site consultation and technical assistance (TA) to early care and education providers seeking to support the learning and development of children ages birth to five with disabilities and other special needs, and those with challenging behaviors.
CDE-EESD contracted early care and education programs throughout California are the recipients of the onsite technical assistance consultation services. Programs in communities that do not currently have similar consultation services are a priority.
If you are a director or site supervisor, please discuss the CIBC consultation services with your staff prior to requesting services. You will be asked to provide your contact information, classroom location, and reason for the TA request.
If you are a teacher or provider, please discuss your intent to request technical assistance with your supervisor or program manager prior to submitting a TA request online. Administration may or may not be involved in the on-site consultation services but it is appropriate to notify them of your request for CIBC Network consultation.
CIBC TA may be requested online, e-mail or phone. CIBC staff will contact the site directly to gather additional information regarding the request and needs. TA assignments are determined by the CIBC staff for a local consultant to conduct on-site visits. Each classroom in a program requires a TA request submission and assigned unique identifier.
Steps To Get Started
- Program submits the Technical Assistance Request Form.
- CIBC staff will contact the program within two business days to discuss the TA request.
- CIBC staff will assign a local consultant to the program.
- CIBC staff will send an e-mail to the program with assignment information. agreement form and evaluation survey directions.
- Consultant contacts site to arrange the initial visit and site observation.
- CIBC staff and consultant determine the number of visits they will provide.
- Teacher/provider, who is receiving the TA consultation, completes a Teacher Satisfaction Survey at the conclusion of the last site visit.
Download the CIBC Onsite consultation agreement: TA agreement CIBC-2016-2017
Link to the Teacher-Provider Satisfaction Survey which is requested at the end of the site visit series with the consultant. You will need the TA assignment code number listed on the original TA request email sent at the beginning of the site visit consultation.