The California Inclusion and Behavior Consultation (CIBC) Network offers on-site consultation and technical assistance (TA) to early care and education providers seeking to support the learning and development of children ages birth to five with disabilities and other special needs, and those with challenging behaviors.
California Department of Education/Early Education and Support Division (CDE/EESD) contracted early care and education programs throughout California, and those participating in their local Quality Counts California (QCC), are the recipients of the onsite technical assistance consultation services. Programs in communities that do not currently have similar consultation services are a priority.
If you are a director or site supervisor, please discuss the CIBC consultation services with your staff prior to requesting services. You will be asked to provide your contact information, classroom location, and reason for the TA request.
If you are a teacher or provider, please discuss your intent to request technical assistance with your supervisor or program manager prior to submitting a TA request. Administration may or may not be involved in the on-site consultation services but it is appropriate to notify them of your request for CIBC Network consultation.
Once a TA request has been submitted, CIBC staff will contact the site directly to gather additional information regarding the request and needs. TA assignments are determined by the CIBC staff who matches a local consultant to provide the on-site visits. Each classroom in a program requires a TA request submission and assigned unique identifier.
Steps To Get Started
UPDATE: We have a new system for submitting TA requests. Please create an account so we are able to receive your request for TA. You will only need to complete the CIBC account registration process one time. Please note your user name and password so that you have them available for future use.
- Click on the link below to set up a CIBC account. You will receive email notifications to complete the steps of the registration process. Please be advised your initial email may go to your junk mail box and you may need to adjust your email settings so it is not considered spam email.
- Once you have a CIBC account, click on the “Center-Based Program Request” box to complete the TA request form.
What to expect once you submit your TA request form:
- CIBC staff will contact the program within two business days to discuss the TA request.
- CIBC staff will assign a local consultant to the program.
- CIBC staff will send an email to the program with assignment information, agreement form and evaluation survey directions.
- Consultant contacts site to arrange the initial visit and site observation.
- CIBC staff and consultant determine the number of visits they will provide.
- Teacher/provider, who is receiving the TA consultation, completes a Teacher Satisfaction Survey at the conclusion of the last site visit.