Since the CIBC Network was formed in 2009, CIBC staff has seen an increase in demand to provide technical assistance to early care and education programs.
Highlights from the 2019–2020 program year show:
- Onsite and virtual consultation reached 459 center-based early care and education staff and 13 family child care staff.
- Onsite consultation reached 2,491 children in center-based programs and 58 children in family child care programs.
- Of the staff responding to the post-consultation survey, 82 percent of center-cased and 100 percent of family child care respondents agreed that the CIBC consultation was worthwhile.
- In this same group, 93 percent of center-based staff reported that their consultant was knowledgeable, 85 percent reported that their consultation provided helpful resources, and 84 percent reported that their consultant made relevant referrals when needed.
- 75 percent of family child care providers reported that their consultant was knowledgeable, 100 percent reported that their consultant provided helpful resources, and 100 percent reported that their consultant made relevant referrals when needed.
- 89 percent of center-based staff and 100 percent of family child care providers reported greater confidence in working with children with challenging behavior and special needs after receiving CIBC consultation services.